The trouble with distortion pedals is that many of them only serve one function…
We all know that the distinguished tone chaser sometimes needs extreme gain, sometimes needs mild overdrive… sometimes needs something that does both of the above and everything in between. The Pinnacle not only does that, but it also brings the most convincing “Brown Sound” to be ever heard in a pedal!
With two separate styles of gain structure, a powerful mid contour (from scooped to mid hump) control and a control that squeezes out every ounce of tone from your guitar, you’ll notice that the Pinnacle is called that for a very good reason.
Although extremely versatile the Pinnacle is well known for giving the “Brown Sound”, the tone and style of distortion made famous by Eddie Van Halen. Zeke Clark (Van Halen’s longtime renowned guitar tech) played through a pinnacle and this is what he had to say: “I’ve played tons of pedals that promised that “Brown Sound”… this pedal NAILS it better than anything I’ve ever heard or played.”
A MODERN CLASSIC
The Brown Sound… it’s where rock guitar tone started! The Pinnacle is designed to not only recreate the Brown Sound, but be versatile enough to step outside that and just give you the response and tone of a high gain amp either ticking over or screaming at full power.
As well as having a regular tone control, the Pinnacle Standard also includes a Contour control that can give you total control of your EQ – if you like it scooped, it’s there – if you like it with a mid hump, it’s there…
VINTAGE AND MODERN
In the Vintage mode you can chase those classic rock distorted tones that are all about organic power, in the Modern mode the aggression comes forward and your tone can cut through any mix.
BUILT FOR FOREVER
Brian Wampler’s attention to detail and commitment to bringing you the best-sounding & most usable Effects Boxes on the market is nothing new. Those qualities are on full display within the Pinnacle Standard. We’re all tone-freaks, and we’re always trying new things, but we hope this pedal finds it’s forever home on your pedalboard, so we built it to last that long.
- Built in the U.S.A.
- High grade components picked for their superior sound and response
- Relay true bypass with soft switch Top mounted input and output jacks
- Battery connection and 9v power jack
- Power draw: Between 4mA (9v) and 10mA (18v) (LED will flash 3 times when power from battery is getting low)
- Boost switch alters gain structure to take it from overdrive to distortion
- 3.5″ x 4.5″ x 1.5″ (88.9mm x 114.3mm x 38.1mm) – height excludes knobs and switches
- Designed to get the best EVH “brown sound” possible within a pedal design
- Includes Wampler’s limited 5-year warranty