Tone King Imperial mkII Combo - Black
Unit price per
Tone King is proud to offer the Imperial MKII. From a spanky blackface-style voice to ‘50s-era tweed grit, you’ll find all of the most iconic American tube tones residing in this 1 x 12”, 20-watt combo. And with modern appointments, such as an onboard Ironman II power attenuator, and tube-driven effects, the Imperial MKII is the perfect old-school platform for modern players.
- Footswitchable 2-channel design (rhythm, lead)
- Ironman II reactive attenuation
- Bias modulation tremolo circuit delivers vintage-style pulse
- Tube driven spring reverb with wide-ranging control
- Custom-voiced 12” Eminence speaker
ICONIC AMERICAN TONES.
Though labeled Rhythm and Lead, the Imperial MKII’s dual foot switchable channels could very well be called Blackface and Tweed. The higher-headroom Rhythm channel speaks with the crystal-clear body and presence of the mid-60’s most popular amps. The Lead channel brings on the spongy midrange response and sustain of the most bellowed 50’s designs. Both feature straightforward tone shaping controls, for awe-inspiring tone on any setting.
IRONMAN II REACTIVE ATTENUATION.
The Ironman II reactive power attenuator gives Tone King amplifiers increased flexibility for any gig, session, or rehearsal. And thanks to its reactive load technology and HF Compensation, it does it while always maintaining your cranked amp tone and feel. Go ahead, crank your amp to the sweet spot then reiwn in the volume for thick, rich tone at usable levels.
SPRING REVERB AND BIAS-MODULATED TREMOLO.
Spring reverb and bias-modulated tremolo have helped define the tone of many vintage, American-voiced combo amps. We have gone into painstaking detail to re-create those same thick, splashing, pulsating tones. And we think you’ll find our tube-driven circuits and old-school control perfectly capture the sound and character of the originals.
CUSTOM-VOICED EMINENCE SPEAKER.
Every Tone King combo amplifier is outfitted with a 12” Eminence speaker, voiced to deliver the top-shelf tone our brand demands. As soon as you hit your first notes, you’ll experience the detailed overtones, warm lows, and vocal-like mids all displaying pristine sonic detail.
BUILT FOR TONE, BUILT TO LAST.
From the tolex to the wiring, every Tone King amplifier is constructed with a passion for tone and reliability, right here in the US. We use only premium baltic birch in the construction of our cabinets and amp shells. And every amp is meticulously hand-built to deliver top-notch tone every time you plug in.
A STYLE ALL OUR OWN.
The first thing that often jumps out about Tone King amplifiers is our stage-ready presentation. When you’re as passionate about tone as we are, there’s no reason to hide in the background.
- 20W, 1×12 Two Channel Combo
- Custom designed 12″, 8-Ohm, Ceramic Magnet speaker made by Eminence
- 2-Channel (Rhythm, Lead), Footswitchable
- Rhythm Channel controls: Volume, Treble, Bass
- Lead Channel controls: Volume, Tone
- Tube Driven spring reverb
- Full size 2-spring reverb pan
- Bias modulation type tremolo circuit
- Footswitch controllable
- Vol, Treb, Bass
- Vol, Tone, Mid-Bite
- 12”, 8-Ohm Ceramic Magnet ‘Tone King 33’ Made by Eminence
Built-In Ironman II Compensated Power Attenuator:
- Controls: Attenuation Level, HF Compensation, Rhythm Channel Bypass Enable
- Attenuation Steps: 0db, -3db, -9db, -15db, -24db, -36db
- HF Compensation: tailors the high frequency “presence” as desired
- Rhythm Channel Bypass: when selected, the attenuator will automatically be bypassed when the rhythm channel is selected
- Two button footswitch (channel, tremolo)
- LED status indicators
- 4x12AX7A, 1x12AT7, 2x6V6GT, 1x5AR4
- 2x6V6, cathode biased, no negative feedback
- 220W RMS
- 8 Ohms
Ironman II Attenuator design features:
- Precision Tuned Reactive Load
- Fletcher-Munson Volume Compensation Circuitry
- Damping factor correction